I’ve recently been participating in an Online Workshop to help me learn more about WordPress.
I’m actually surprised at how much I’ve learned thus far (when I decided to write this post I was only 2 weeks in of the 4 week course). But I’m also surprised at how much I already know (in just a few short months of being live online).
You see… it’s taken me years to get started on my blog (which you’re on right now). And that’s been partially due to my own inner fears of putting myself out there – and also part due to my lack of knowledge of using WordPress (which equates out to another fear or excuse).
I always thought that it would be too hard to create and manage my own site because I’m not a very tech savvy person. I’m not a programmer or coder, and I have little to no graphic design capabilities.
I honestly thought that I couldn’t manage a website all on my own – despite the fact that my husband made it look so easy with his click here, here and here approach (I just wasn’t catching on to all the things I felt I needed to know – perhaps he was just going too fast – or perhaps I wasn’t being open minded enough). Regardless of the reasoning – frankly it doesn’t matter anymore (because here I am)…
And Guess What? I was wrong!
Working with WordPress has actually been easier than I thought. I started out on my new adventures in blogging with the free WordPress version back in October of 2014, and have continued to play and post and of course make many mistakes too. But… overall my site has evolved since then, and now I’ve transitioned to a paid Genesis Theme, which gives me even more of the added features that initially I didn’t have before.
I’m still learning more each day I’m on my site, and that’s a good thing – as there’s still some changes I’d like to make – but now I have the confidence to try something new, to actually make changes, and know that I will find my way through it to a successful outcome.
So what have I learned about WordPress that you may or may not have known already – let’s find out…
Did you know…
- WordPress is the most widely used CMS (content management system) solutions available for Website creation & management?
- WordPress was typically used as a Blogging tool – but expanded functionalities have made way for more complicated website use too?
- WordPress is the perfect tool for running a blog or website (basic to complex).
- WordPress is considered to be one of the easiest CMS solutions to use due to it’s adaptable interface and simplified backend?
- WordPress and it’s associations have an outstanding lineup of Themes & Plugins to customize your blog/website?
- WordPress is super easy to use (even if you’re not technical) and that starting a website has never been more simple to do yourself?
- WordPress alone is not a shopping site – but with an add-on Plugin you can turn your website into your own eCommerce store?
- WordPress can become almost any type of site you can imagine – with the right theme, a little customization, and integration of plugins?
- WordPress is easier to use than you may think?
- WordPress has very few limitations?
- WordPress has thousands of customers all around the globe using the platform for blogging and running websites?
- WordPress enables bloggers & website owners to easily update their own site content via the super friendly interface?
So how many of those points did you (or didn’t you) know about WordPress?
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. There’s still so much more to learn and know about the ins and outs of using WordPress… I’m just so excited. And I’m grateful for the WordPress Online Workshop that I’ve been participating in too – it has taught me so much and provided me with the confidence I needed to move forward and make new changes.
So if you thought that having your own site would be too difficult – think again…
With WordPress – it’s easier than you think. What are you waiting for – get started today.